Sunday, October 17, 2004

Observations on the Book of Jonah

*This is another instance of God raising up not that great of a person to do his will--like in Judges.
*I wonder how we know what Jonah sang while he was down in the belly of the whale?
*The book of Jonah contains a lesson I really need to learn. Sometimes I think it's so unfair when someone who's a Christian does something mean to me, because I know that since they're a Christian, they won't be punished for it--but I, being an evil human being, want vengeance!
The book of Jonah illustrates the same problem. Jonah wanted the Ninevites to be punished like I want my fellow Christians to be punished. But Jonah & I must learn that these people are God's chosen children as well, and also that we deserve to be punished just as much as they do--though we may think to the contrary.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 18, 2004 9:39:00 pm, Blogger Aletheia said...

Well, Megan, good question--good point. See, Christians get to go to heaven and not get punished in hell, right? But--and maybe this was your point--there is a certain amount of punishment they undergo on this earth. I mean, all the suffering we go through. So maybe I really shouldn't feel so injusticed. Maybe the people who do wrong things to me do get punished--at least a little bit. Does that answer your question--kinda sorta?

 
At Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:16:00 pm, Blogger Aletheia said...

When non-Christians hurt me, I know they will be punished for it. But Christians will not get punished--at least not as much. They both hurt me sometimes, though. I'm not quite sure I'm answering your question. You HAVE to come to school tomorrow, so you can talk to me about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home